Happy International Women’s Day! Every year on March 8th, the world comes together to honour and celebrate the contributions of women and girls everywhere – recognizing women who inspire us all. This year, FAULHABER has committed to honouring the International Women’s Day campaign theme, Choose to Challenge. Individually, we have taken the responsibility to challenge and call out gender bias and inequality, seeking out ways we can celebrate women’s achievements – no matter how big or small. Collectively, we can pledge ourselves to advance gender equality to create a more inclusive world.
“From challenge comes change, so lets all choose to challenge”
We want to challenge ourselves beyond this one day. We reached out to the FAULHABER team and asked how they will choose to challenge past International Women’s Day. Here are some of their responses:
- “I pledge to raise BOLD girls that are not afraid to ask for what they deserve, speak their mind and refuse to be treated as anything less than equal”
- “To be aware of world events is such a critical component of understanding what gaps females are facing across the globe. On top of general education on gender barriers, I will continue to educate myself of worldly events that directly impacting gender equality”
- “I will empower the women I work with by celebrating their achievements – no matter how big or small”
- “I will continue to stay informed on issues regarding women’s rights (and threats to those rights) and stay committed to empowering women and girls around me to have equal opportunities including access to education, workplace opportunities, and fair wages”
- “All women have a right to be heard and understood. I understand that not all women are equally empowered to have the same opportunities. That needs to change, and I want to do my part to be part of that change”
- “I will support my fellow women no matter their age, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. We are all one, seeking an inclusive world”
- “I pledge to create an environment for myself and for my daughters to allow them to be whoever and whatever they want to be”
- “I will call out gendered actions or assumptions, challenging gender stereotypes and bias”
- “I will continue to use my voice and educate myself on the age gap and be conscious of my purchases to ensure I am supporting companies that bridge the gap for all their female employees”
For more information regarding International Women’s Day 2021 and ways you can get involved, please visit internationalwomensday.com.