Social Media Trends to Know in 2018
December 19, 2017
This year we saw incredible advancements from the social realm. Facebook lured Snapchat users to Instagram, influencers became creators and Apple told us how it’s going to change the way we connect through our mobile devices. Next year, social media will continue to disrupt marketing plans thanks to advancements in technology and the understanding of how social media drives sales. Here are just a few of the trends you can expect to see as we turn the page to 2018:
- Policy and governance will begin to integrate itself into the social sphere as we continue to make social media a safe environment for all users. We’ve already seen the CRTC enforce stricter advertising laws amongst brands and influencers to disclose paid partnerships, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Organic reach is dead – especially on Facebook – and platforms will continue to make it difficult for your audience to see your content. Don’t rely on your followers to see your content and remember that the way you distribute is just as important as the content itself. Depending on your client’s budgets, explore paid programs that have more ROI thanks to rich targeting capabilities. This ensures your message is being delivered to the right people, at the right time.
- Think mobile first, always. It’s not new news that people aren’t looking at things at their desk anymore. Create content to always be mobile-first to drive additional engagement.
- Expect further chatbot integration. While this tactic isn’t for every brand, we’ve seen smart executions when it comes to basic customer service inquiries.
- Social media TV will trump regularly network channels. With the rise of Twitter TV and Facebook Live, news outlets are already turning to the social world to attract a larger audience.
- Generation Z is your next market to tap. Often able to swipe before they can speak, this target demographic is completely immersed in technology and they demand, on demand everything. With perceived “ad block goggles,” it is predicted that they literally don’t process ads unless they look like content.
Are you looking to grow your social channels, drive website traffic or create original, engaging content? Contact us here.